What do I wear under my umbrella… ella… ella… eh… eh… eh…
Happy monsoon errbody!
The cold, the wet, the damp, the perpetual prune-y fingers’ season is here!
No, no. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t HATE monsoons. But I do find the above mentioned things really annoying. I do, however, look forward to the lush green roadsides, thoroughly washed roads, chai pe pakode and then jalebis, and wearing my RAIN BOOTS! It’s the one time I feel super happy: in my squeaky rain boots as I walk through every puddle on the road with a smug face thinking, “HAH! You can’t do shit to my feet, puddle!” Yes. I feel incredibly smug and happy in those times.
But this post ain’t about my monsoon rants… This post is actually aiming to prepare you in braving the dark monsoon clouds and how to triumph over them like a pro-fashionista, in full-on Bahubali swagger, ignoring the clouds that are now looming over all our heads.
That’s right. In this article, I’ll write about a few essentials you must have, how to master layering techniques specifically for rainy season, what fabrics to wear and what fabrics to avoid, what accessories to have and what accessories to stash away for the next few months, some tips if you’re wearing Indian outfits and a few links for supah cool raincoats, parkas, boots, and umbrellas you can buy! Shopping ki bhi season hoti hai kya (Is there a season for shopping)? Kabhi bhi karlo (do it whenever), and especially during sale time!
- Essentials. Let’s start with the basics, yea?
- Raincoat. Duh.
- Hair ties / hair bands. Nobody like frizzy hair. Monsoon makes it even worse. So how about some hair ties to keep your hair in place and not allow it to misbehave?
- Cotton Scarf. Protect your face and neck from the monsoon winds.
- Rain boots (anti-slip). Forget your hole-y crocs. What if your feet gets infected or something with the dirty rain water? Get some boots please.
- Umbrella. And twirl it while you walk, please!
- Waterproof watch. Keep your phones in your pockets please (unless it’s water resistant like the new iPhone 7. My birthday isn’t here yet but I wouldn’t mind some cool gift yo). Plus, wearing a waterproof watch would be cheaper…