I’ll be real with y’all.
90% of my inspiration comes from Pinterest.
90% of my time on social media is spent on Pinterest. (Yes, even more than Instagram.)
90% of my go-to DIYs are old jeans in my wardrobe, teehee.
So, here’s one that is inspired from a potful of ideas like cuffed jeans, cropped jeans, pearl embellishments, and polka dots.
- Assemble craft supplies needed for the Polka Dot Effect:
- 1x White Acrylic paint bottle
- 1x Q-tip
- 1x Glitter fabric paint
- Pick a matching colour thread to sew up the cuffs.
- Sew the cuffs along the previous cuffs’ stitch lines to keep the stitches clean.
- Use the Q-tip to create polka dots (big and small, as you prefer on the sewn cuffs.
- Add glitter polka dots to create a “rhinestone” effect.
- Let it dry for 24 hours before turning it over inside-out and iron it, to permanently fix the design in place.
One suggestion would be to not wash the jeans for upto 72 hours, to let the design really fix and not get grungy in the first wash itself. Also, style it well with flouncy tops and show ’em what you made! I picked a printed brick tones top and cuffed the sleeves with traditional Indian oxidised silver cuff bracelets.
Check out my Pinterest board on Denims to find 500+ unique denim style inspirations.
Enjoy them and see you in the next post!